Tuesday, October 28, 2008

You Make It Real x James Morrison

Two BIG candles on the birthday cake symbolized a new coming of age for me.
When the clock struck midnight on the 26th of October '08, I turned...

20!
(*insert "in-denial" face here*)

The boy and I went out early in the morning, to celebrate what he called "The Biggest Event of The Year" *rolls eyes*
We strolled through town to head for the birthday lunch at Carousel.
For $60++ per person, we indulged in lobsters, scallops, crème brûlée, tiramisu, white/dark chocolate mousse with macaroons... and so muchhh mooore *pats bloated tummy*

And during the course of our meal, he handed each of my gifts, starting with the handwritten letter, followed by the rest of the wrapped packages, one at a time.
Sweet, yes? *beams*

What made this year's birthday extra special was that I got me 2 birthday cakes!

The first cake was a surprise from Ms. Tina, a day before my birthday, the day the poly peeps and 3 cars ventured out for the grand-finale-visiting trip of Aidilfitri '08.
Thanks, you guys... Really sweeeeeeeeeet =)

And the other cake, was really significant to me.
Something that I'll remember for years to come.
Han, apparently, was roped in for the surprise that my family planned.
When I saw him coming out from the kitchen, into the darkened (BLACKOUT, MY FOOT!) living room, with my family and friends belting out the birthday song (with Rain echoing the last 2 words to each sentence, loudly), I burst into tears.
Hahaha *blissful sigh*

So, with birthdays...
COME PRESENTS!

Thank you love, for the gourmet chocolates,Lava lamp (not in picture), Baby Blues Treasury (my favourite comic!), the 'You Are So Beautiful' wind up gadget, Swarovski earrings and vintage tee.
Thank you, Tina & Yat, Lan & Lala, Diana & Zaid, Rain, Asri, Hida and Marianah for the laughter, the pictures, the memories and the singing of birthday songs x 2 and the birthday cake!
Thank you friends and family for the special birthday text messages, calls and tags.
Thank you, little sister, for the Wish perfume.
Thank you, little brother, for the Sembonia wallet.
And thank you, to my ever loving parents, for the Guess handbag, for the efforts, for the support in everything I do and for accepting my choices in life and love.

The love I feel for all of you and from all of you, is beyond measuring =)

How did we end my first day of being a 20 year old?

We spent some quality time with two of our favourite little people =D
Seeing Rifqy warm up to Han, Trisha looking up to him from his arms and the pure bliss on Han's face, was the best gift of them all.
Something warm for me to hold onto, for a long,long time.

Alas, that was my 20th =)
I guess I've gotta learn to embrace this new age and finally let go of the "I'm Forever 19" mantra.

So what if my age for the next 10 years will begin with the digit "2"?
For, right now, with my loved ones around me, I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment