Saturday, November 03, 2007

Linger x The Cranberries

I do realise that it's kinda overdued... and that my birthday came and went about 8 days ago, but I just got the pictures today =)
Thanks a million million million, Aisya.
Keep rockin' that camera!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26th October 2007

I turned 19!
Birthday wishes were expressed through the means of phone calls and SMS-es, bless you all =)
I really did have the intentions to go for class on that day, but seeing Han lug that bag of presents all the way to campus was unbearable.
So, yeah, you guessed it.
We skipped!

But he kept saying that we had to at least stay in Woodlands till 9.30 a.m., as he ordered something and the shop only opens for business at 9.30 a.m.
So, we waited... shared hotcakes... discussed which movie to watch and where to head to have the birthday meal.

So 9.30 a.m. came and he made me wait all alone, in dark and creepy Causeway Point (the shops weren't opened) , while he ran to god-knows-where.
About 5 minutes after his departure, he came, one hand clutching onto something, shielding it with the big Everlast bag that contained my presents.

It was quite a sight, actually.
Seeing my man half-running, half-walking, looking all bashful and nervous.

And he came and said proudly, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!", holding out a bouquet of white and red roses, 9 stalks in all, amidst a scattering of baby's breath.

It was so very beautiful... and me being me, I wanted to bawl like a baby, but me being bimbo, remembered that I didn't have waterproof mascara on, so I held it all in.

"9 stalks of roses means 'Together, until the end of time' ", he added smiling.
I fell in love all over again, that day.

We caught Superbad, which was really funny, but didn't make much sense.
We had sushi and ramen and don at Ramen Ten.
And opened the presents he got for me after the meal.

I've got me - A pair of Everlast flats (in the same shade as his Everlast sneakers), a black Victorian top and a pair of earrings from Flowers in the Attic, a black glittery chunky bangle, a gorgeous D-I-Y frame with my baby picture in it and a teddy bear (cos I've been whining for one all year).

I cried when I read his card, shrieked when I noticed one gift after another in his decoupage box.
I loved everything that day.
And I love that person who made that day so special and memorable for me ten times more


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27th October 2007

The invite.

A small affair, but really something to be remembered and treasured =)
And despite the theme, I was clad in black... well, most of me, that is.

Me with ibu & babah - Syafiq & Alwani - Han - Zann, Lala, Linda & Grace.

Me with Nur - Sheeka, Eha, Aisya & Uyun - Nur & Apiz.

Choosing a picture of Nur & Apiz was sooo difficult... cos if Apiz's face wasn't blurred , Nur's face was, and if Nur's face wasn't blurred, Apiz's was... but thank god, I found one where neither was blurred.
And Nur, ibu cakap Apiz handsome! *grins*

After pictures, they screamed a rendition of "Happy Birthday to YOU!" and I attempted to cut the mass of chocolate fudge-with layers of thin vanilla sponge-with marshmallow base cake for everyone.. but failed miserably... and Lala and the gang came to the rescue =)

Han was a nervous wreck that day.
Even though it wasn't his first time meeting my mum, it was the first time that he'll meet my dad... and relatives... and grandparents.
But all went very well.
Alhamdullilah.
And when my granddad was going home, he patted Han on the shoulder after Han salam-ed him and said, "Ok, see you later!".
Hahaha.
Sounds like a good promise, eh?


Some random pictures of the day.

I kept thanking my folks for the effort they've put into planning and preparing the food and stuff at the end of the day.
And I'd like to thank everyone who made this girl's birthday a whole lot more special... and for the load of presents too!

Hugs and kisses to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment