Sunday, January 06, 2008

It's About You x Train

Tomorrow is the start of the 4-weeks-more-to-graduation countdown a
nd having a 3-day school week, makes the remaining days pass by even faster.

26th March 2008 will swing by, we will don the graduation robes (without the mortarboards, hopefully) and soon after that; while some of us continue to be slaves and continue climbing the evil academic ladder of Singapore, some of us will be thrown into the sea of power-hungry-working-class twats.

It's scaring the hell out of me and everytime someone asks me what my plans are after graduation, I'll say the same thing, "I'm going to marry a dying old rich man, inherit about 9/10 of his fortune, wait for Han to finish NS and fly off to Frankfurt and make a living there, printing and designing posters and stuff."

And when they look at me with scrunched up facial expressions, I confess that it's not true and that I plan to further my studies, be it in a local university or in a private institution.

Why?
Its due to the fact I'm not really sure what I want as a job, for now.
All I know is that I want to be working in the services industry.
Studies have shown that 94.7% of those in the working class absolutely hate their jobs.
I don't want to be one of those people.

So, for now, my final answer will probably be - I'm going to continue studying - for a good job, for a secure future and for a really, really stable income to support my folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment