Thursday, April 19, 2012

In search of the perfect vanity table.

Anyone who knows me well enough knows of the effect beauty tools have on me.
I get weak in the knees, unable to resist the pops of colours in an eyeshadow palette, the slick oilyness of a moisturising lipstick, the magnifying effect mascara has on my eyes.

I adore my brushes, my palettes, my lipsticks and I really try my best to take care of them.
Washing, sanitizing them after use, to maintain their perfection.

Which is why I'm on a beauty mission.
A mission to find the perfect vanity table to house my babies, that are currently kept safe in my trusty, leopard print traincase.

But its sooo hard to just go into any furniture store, look around and go "I'll take that one!"

There's really too many to choose from and I'm not leaning towards any particular looks just yet.

- Do I want it to have soft, rounded, romantic edges?


 - Do I want a sleek, minimalist feel to my vanity?


- Dark wood/light wood or formica? Steel?


- What about the mirros? Tri-folding or a big baroque one? Lights or no lighst?




I think I'll know when I found "The One".
The One that will house my precious keepsakes, the very tools that I thoroughly enjoy using, because I find it so relaxing, so calming to caress a brush onto my cheeks, to slick on lipstick on my lips, to blend my eyeshadows.

I know I sound obsessed and psychotic but I can't help it.
I love my beauty products!

No comments:

Post a Comment