Monday, July 02, 2007

Transformers x Mutemath

I swear it was a sign when I heard the Transformers' theme song play on the radio at 6.15 a.m this morning.

I knew I had to go catch it... it was today, or never...
Sooooo, Han and I made our way to The Grand Cathay at freaking 9 a.m. =)

We purchased our tickets and made our way to Ya Kun Kaya Toast for... well, toast.
We got a table next to a Chinese family of four; Mummy, Daddy, Elder Brother, Younger Brother.

While I was happily enjoying my toast, I can't help but overhear the conversation that went on between them...

Daddy: Samuel, what do you want to be when you grow up? A Transformer?
Samuel (Younger Brother): YES! I WANT TO BE A TRANSFORMER!!! *puts on his Optimus Prime paper mask*
Elder Brother: You cannot be a Transformer! They're robots... you boyyyyy.
Samuel: BUT I WANT TO BE A TRANSFORMER!

I can't help but smile at his silliness... a kid who wants to be a Transformer... Haha.

A few minutes later, Mummy decided to ask Samuel the same question, perhaps she thought that he finally understood that he can't possibly grow up and become a Transformer...

Mummy: Samuel, what do you REALLY want to be when you grow up?
Samuel: *stops munching halfway and thinks* I WANT TO BE AN AEROPLANE!!
Mummy: Aiyooo!! You mean pilot! You cannot be an aeroplane!
Samuel: NO! NOT PILOT! AEROPLANEEEEEE!!!

I looked at the kid and grinned at him... and he showed me his Optimus Prime mask.
Pretty cool, actually.

So, the time slot for our show finally arrived and we went up to the theater.
I've never been a very big fan of all things robotics... Gundam... Transformers... well, except for those Bomberman thingies of course, but they're cute... but they're not exactly robots either...

The show was awesome!
Like Samuel, I'm now convinced I want to be a Transformer when I'm older.
I'm dead serious.
Maybe a Scrambler bike, perhaps... with sleek exhaust pipes that can turn into missile launching pipes with a tracker that could detect the enemy so its bulls-eye all the time and green headlights for eyes, a soft butt that is my bike's seat... and the list goes on.

I like the Autobots and all... but maybe, I'll be one of the Decepticons instead and destroy mankind... and maybe Megatron will decide he needs a lady-bot
and we can head back to Cybertron for more Decepticons and return back to Earth and rule the world to-ge-daaaaaa!!!


*sigh*
I've got to go get my FYP programming done now.
Back to reality...

I still want to be a Transformer *pouts*

No comments:

Post a Comment