Monday, September 03, 2007

When A Woman Loves A Man x Westlife

Its amazing how looking through old folders of secondary school pictures in your desktop could send you on a roller coaster of emotions.
I smiled... I laughed out loud to myself... I sighed... and most of all, I missed.

I miss all of them... I miss all of the moments.

Take for example, the above picture... It was Hafiz's, Ayul's and my 17th birthday (=

And in the first picture, you see Ida and Fei teaching all of us how to play "Chop Chilli Chop", in the middle of the night, on Istana Park's cold, damp ground...and you see us girls posing and jumping off stuff, you see two beautiful girls whom I used to be really close with, you see the October babies flashing their birthday loot and you see the entire clique.

It was needless to say, an amazing birthday... and celebrations nowadays are undoubtedly different.
The chaotic-ness has been replaced with quiet, intimate moments of movies/dinners/outings for two with Han, with cozy, medium sized birthday cakes and presents with the family in the living room, the sometimes totally ridiculous presents and wishes from adorable cousins and friends.
Its a mellower affair, to say the least
But also, it's become more memorable... not that birthdays back then wasn't, but... I don't know how to explain it.

And who can forget all these random moments of fun?

The frequent visits to the beach, the camwhoring session, the "Let's Smother Everyone with This Really Expensive Cake" moments, Siti's amazing "Sweet 17 Birthday Bash" and the very memorable Aidilfitri gatherings where everyone went home tired, but rich (=

I will never, ever, ever forget Bowen Secondary School... or rather, 4E6, Class of 2004.

The messy art room sessions, the most memorable Racial Harmony Day, National Day and Youth Day celebrations EVER.
Remember Mr. Selvarasoo?
Well, that first picture was taken in the Physics Room.
I forgot the fact that it existed, until I saw that picture... and I remember how we used to play a fool with Selvarasoo... and how he labeled us Malay girls "Geylang Sisters", because we just won't stop yakking during his classes.

I miss all of them but I guess I had the chance to make a choice and I didn't know what I was doing back then, when everything started changing bit by bit.
I wish things were somewhat different.
I still do have online chats with Hafiz and Az, although they're pretty rare... and sometimes, I bump into Shafik... and Ayul still calls to "Lepak ar!" and so forth.

Lastly, I suppose you all remember 4E7's monitor, Jackson? And the gorgeous Yeo Shafiqah aka Shaq?

That's them... and yup, both in the RP Dragonboat team.
That's Shaq's beau, Ernst and THAT, is a very golden-looking Jackson... literally forcing people to join his dragonboat team.
Both extremely tanned... Jackson's all muscular from the rowing and Shaq's still the same, cos all she does is drum.
Heh.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment