Monday, July 28, 2008

Take A Bow x Rihanna

Last week was pretty power packed.. a
nd even though most of it was due to work, it was so totally worth it, because pay comes in any day now =)

On one of two from the now seemingly few off days I managed to secure, I woke up as early as 5.30 a.m. to get ready for my island getaway with my two ladies, Ms. Lala & Ms. Linda.

Linda said and I quote, "Ohmygawd... I bought all this with only 150 Sing dollars!? I could only get maybe 2 Dorothy Perkins tops back home!" *big grin breaks out on face*

We shopped blazed through 4 big malls in 12 hours, got everything we needed wanted and hopped back on the ferry back home.
We bought so much stuff it's a surprise we managed to keep ourselves within budget.

The
pièce de résistance of the day?

A hearty meal at A&W, complete with strawberry and ice cream waffles, 3 huge jugs of Root Beer Floats and the works.

We got back to Singapore about 5 minutes shy from 11pm

On the off day I got before the island getaway, Mr. Rain and I went on out to do what broke people will do : window shop, hop on the free Funvee open top bus to Singapore Flyer and indulge on a fanfreakingtastic meal at Popeye's.

On Funvee... forget about splurging money on Hippo tours, this, my friend, is FREE.

At flyer... which I'm half hearted to take, because it takes so damn bloody long to get off ride and everyone I know said it's pretty "mendak" (read: humdrum).

After Popeye's, taking a look at the Build A Bear Workshop there and generally planning what we would buy with our next pay, we hopped on home, more broke than ever, but happy.


This week, come Friday, Han and I will be spending our last monthsary before Ramadhan comes around and before he spends 1 year 11 months of his life serving the Nation.
This Friday, it's gotta be special.
This Friday, marks the end of the 7 month vacation period I got, because come Monday, I'm a full time student again.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment