Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thunder x Boys Like Girls

We're spending the last few days we have together before he answers the Nation's call as MUCH as we can.

Doing things we never did before, like going for that rather painful but beneficial and extremely fascinating leg massage at Kenko and just walking about aimlessly, trying to get out as much as we can from the few days we have left.

But it would prove non beneficial because the moment I step into my house and he steps into the lift, the longing starts.

What was most significant to me during the past few days was how he showed that he was just as scared as I was about this, but just as sure as I am that we'll get through this.

"YOU will get me through this...", he said.

We survived my going to Thailand for 17 days, with practically no communication (cos there was no reception in the village) and thousands of miles apart... what's 2 weeks? =)

I know my dad will keep checking on him and report stuff daily back to me, just like he said he would (NOT a good thing, trust me).

Heading out to the shops together, to get the stuff he needs from his list, brings calmness to me... like I realised that it wasn't really much of a biggie...

But it was when he headed for the photo printing shop at the end of the day, and told me he wanted to print pictures of us and Rifqy so that he can see us everyday that made me realise that :
1) His voice is the soundtrack to my everydays
2) His calmness is my reassurance
3) His presence gives me closure

He isn't even enlisted yet and I already can't wait for the 2 weeks to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment