Saturday, May 27, 2006

Don't You Get It?

Dad's division told him to be on standby.
They're gonna send the Singapore troops as peacekeepers to help the situation in Dili,East Timor.

An article I chanced upon today;about the situation in Dili:

Youths armed with parangs and wooden clubs guarded their surroundings late last night as the confrontations between the goverment soldiers and protestors pursued on.
Yesterday,commando troops from Australia arrived in Dili's capital to help restore peace.
Canberra is expected to send 1,300 soldiers, whereas troops from New Zealand, Malaysia and Portugal are expected to arrive in a few days' time...

That's a whole lot of troops needed to restore peace in such a small country, isn't it?
Truth is, I don't want him to go.
What if he doesn't make it back?
What if some deranged ass of a protestor hacks him?!
Ok.Maybe I'm being a tad over dramatic here.
Yes, like he said, it hasn't been confirmed but come on, I cry when he flies to Brunei to train in the jungles there. This is way worst than training in lush terrains.

He told me its part of the job. If it's all confirmed, like he said "I die die have to go".

Watching CNA doesn't help either. Seeing armed troops and outraged protestors come together isn't a pretty sight. It scares the shit out of me.

Don't you get it?
I don't want you to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment