Monday, October 23, 2006

Righttttt.
5th week into Semester 2 and I've gotten veryvery interesting comments from my facilitators.
Let's see 'em.


Web Application : Which is SHITTY, cos we deal with codes every single week. With no source codes given! I don't really favour this module and I strongly believe that the first UT grade I acquired was a "tyco grade".

Comments by Ashwin:

Your performance was, as usual, very satisfactory. You always work very hard in the class. Your strong motivation and urge to learn more also pushes to do your best in order to find the solutions of the problems. Very often, I have noticed that you use the 2nd breakout to work with your friend from another team. I think that this opportunity allows both of you to learn from one another.You must improve your programming skills. You are already quite good compared to others. But there is always room for improvement.Another aspect that you must improve is your punctuality. You have been late for a few classes, and I did not lower your grades, even though I am supposed to do so. But I feel that assigning a lower grade may cause your motivation to fade out. So, please try to be on time. The school is also very strict on this matter now.This morning we discussed the UT answers. If you have any queries, you can still ask me or your friends.

-------------RJ-----------
I think that your good grades for UT1 were the results of your hard-work. Most probably some help from your friends was also useful, but your personal efforts account for most it. As you mentioned, now use the good grade as a motivator to excel, and gain even more momentum.Of course, we must be prepared to write lots of codes and debug in the future weeks, but these are fun! Don’t you think so?

OH MY GOD ASHWIN!
Damn long,can!?


System Analysis and Design : Which I don't understand cos every week, you draw diagram after diagram and you study and analysis the designs of corporations, businesses and blahs. Urgh.

Comments by Soon:

Shikin, you did very well today but were late for class. You raise good questions during Meeting 2, but could have performed better in Meeting 3. Yes, I enjoyed myself very much today, and I hope you do, including all future classes.


I've to do something about my punctuality, man.
2nd faci to have voiced that out.


Sales Management : An elective module which is soooo totally awesome. Every week, we do something new, without a power point presentation. Sammy Arvis is kinda cute too. Hehs.

Comments by Sammy:

I noticed you were a bit shy during the 2nd meeting, I think you shouldn’t be. You had some interesting points to make. Your participation in 3rd meeting was satisfactory because you made 2 interesting comments about other teams’ role plays.That is a very interesting example which shows how important it is.

I'm shy,eh?
Goshhhh. First time someone said that.

Operating Systems Concept : Which is sucky cos you study motherboards and RAM and whatever stuff that BOYS are more into. Boys like TRISTAN. And honestly, the facilitator, Ben Gay, is kinda... weird.

Comments by Ben:

You have raised a few good points here. I see you are positive about this module. You were able to distinguish the importance. One thing to take note is the calculation for clock rate. You might want to pay extra attention to it.

Honestly, I don't even remember seeing anything about "clock rates".
Like what the hell is that, and how does that benefit me at all??

IT Security & Management : Which is kinda okay cos the facilitator's really nice =) And somehow, I enjoy finding out how to hack and crash into people's networks, how to sniff out passwords and all that.

Comments by Tek Ming:

Ha ha ha....thanks for being honest with your view. Can't blame you for thinking that way. To a student, it is important to obtain good grades. It is useful when getting a place in a university and useful when applying for job.You're definately not the only one taking this approach. I'm sure many will abuse it for their personal gain.
I've students telling me they will use this ability for Toto and 4D. Ha ha ha...I should say it is human nature for thinking that way. Fortunately this is a fictitious scenerio set for the fun of it in RJ. Otherwise, for the grade case, it will be a serious breach of the confidentiality and integrity of the grading system.
Thanks for your time and effort in writing your RJ. I've enjoyed reading it. Despite what you wrote I'm sure if such situation arises, you will handle it in an upright manner.I'm also glad you've enjoy the lesson. Hope you will continue to do so for the remaining weeks.
Thanks for the feedback too. I didn't know I have hypnotizing skill. Will make sure I switch to a non-hypnotizing skill in future lessons. The last thing I want is to make my students sleepy. I want to make them relax but not to the extend of going into sweet dream mode.
Generally I'm happy with the performance of this class. You like the rest have put in effort. I may not see the extra sparks from you to award you an A but I'm sure you're not short of any ability to achieve it in future lessons. Thanks again for your wonderful RJ. Cheers!

Another DAMN long one.
But it shows he puts in effort to sorta validate me and I appreciate it.
He gave me an A the following week too.

Hahaha.
This semester's gonna be pretty interesting.
More A's please!

No comments:

Post a Comment